Saturday, September 12, 2009

Unexpected Musical Bliss

I just had the coolest experience at a wedding that me and a cellist did last weekend. We had done the ceremony and most of the reception and were taking a quick dinner break....as we sat outside eating we heard piano inside and assumed it was a recording. When we went back inside we found the bride's cousin seated at the piano playing his heart out. I took a chance and asked him if I could play violin with him. He said "yes" and the cellist sat out. Wow! I had the most fun you can imagine playing with this guy. It turned out to be so much fun that we had folks gathered around the piano clapping.

What is the moral of this story? Sometimes the best laid plans can be changed on a whim, and the changes might actually be more than you could have ever hoped or planned for. I learned that night to take chances and go with my gut instinct. We could not have planned a better way to end the reception if we had tried....and we included a member of the family to boot!

What surprises do you think could be waiting for you at your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment